5 Reasons Why Mild Steel Products Are In Great Demand
November 23, 2022
Here are 5 reasons why the mild steel products are in such a great demand. To know more you have to read on now. Steel are the most important material when it comes to industrial use. Every element in nature has unique properties that comes in handy while deciding which one to use for which producing a particular product. Now, it’s difficult to cover all aspects of steel in just one article. So, let’s go with one at a time.
The most popular type of steel is the carbon steel. This steel has the highest amount for carbon and a very small percentage of iron. Mild steel are low-carbon steels and are the second most commonly used material. Several steel dealers in India deal with mild steel due to its high demand of being used in general fabrication work.
Why are Mild Steel products so popular among people?
There are many reasons as to why Mild steel products are in such high demand. The biggest reason is because of their durability, easy welding, can be machined better, and are cost-effective. Such factors make them a better choice to produce applications with this steel.
The top 5 reasons why Mild Steel is popular include:
- Strength: One of the greatest advantages of mild steel is that they are very strong. Compared to other steels, mild steel has low tensile strength which means that they are likely to break under pressure. But, through carburization, this tensile strength can be increased and the mild steel can be hardened. Thus, while buying this type of steel from mild steel plate suppliers, ensure that the product has undergone this process.The process of carburization happens after the steel is heated and then cooled the very next moment by quenching in water. This way, some parts of carbon also gets removed from the surface making the core soft and tough. Thus, it is obvious for mild steel products to grow popularity if the metal of the product has such mechanical properties. Though, according to some steel dealers in India, this steel is even strong without undergoing the process of carburization.
- Cost-effectiveness: Every mild steel dealer in Chennai knows well about the cost-effectiveness of the product. Mild steel is in fact the least expensive steel. Thus, making products with this metal is affordable. As a strong metal, they are used in several applications such as the production of automobiles and machinery. Almost every item, starting with daily utensils to auto-mobile chassis, mild steel can be found everywhere. Due to a low carbon content, the price of this metal is low and also perfect for strength and malleability.
- Ductility: Most steel dealers in India define ductility as the pliability of a material. With a product that ductile, it can bend and flexed easily without being deformed permanently. This is why the mild steel products can absorb high forces and then revert back to its original shape.
- Weldability: This property is very important, especially in case of such metals. Unlike other products, metals cant be glued. Thus, they are welded for attaching one piece to another. This is possible due to the electro-conductivity of the metal.
- Malleability: Mild steel is high malleable, which means they remain soft even after they are cooled, which is usually not the case when it comes to other metals. This is why they can be recycled easily. By recycling the product, its original properties are not lost. This means that the plates and sheets provided by the mild steel plate suppliers remain the same even after recycling.
Is mild steel better than stainless steel?
Both the mild steel and the stainless steel stay in high demand and are mostly used to make applications. But how to know which one is better? Well, each steel type has unique properties that are used for different purposes. Thus, it is difficult to analyze which steel is better while buying from steel dealers in Chennai. Here is a list of some of the differences between mild steel and stainless steel.
- Corrosion resistance: While mild steel is not resistant to corrosion, stainless steel is highly corrosion resistant. The iron in the mild steel reacts with the moisture in the air, leading to corrosion. While the chromium layer on stainless steel products prevents iron oxidization.
- Welding: It is much easier to weld mild steel due to its property. However, this is not the case for stainless steel.
- Elasticity: Compared to mild steel, stainless steel is much more elastic.
- Malleability:The malleability of mild steel is more than stainless steel. This is why; this steel is more used in the fabrication of products.
Although one can think stainless steel to be better, it is actually the mild steel that is more commonly used, especially due to its low price. While choosing the steel type, it is important to choose the right kind of steel for gaining better results.